TERMS & CONDITIONS
Members in Practice of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) subscribe to the promotion of high standards, ethical awareness and best practice. As part of those standards, engagement terms are issued and agreed prior to any work being undertaken. The following Terms & Conditions are extracts from the Terms of Engagement.
- Our services will be provided by the employees of Tina Porter Ltd.
The responsibilities of Tina Porter Ltd include:
- Observe the laws of CIMA
- Keep and maintain records of work completed
- Raise any issues or concerns that may be found during the term of the engagement
- Keep records in compliance with Data Protection legislation
Client responsibilities include:
- Providing proof of identity, current address and business details as required by anti money laundering regulations
- Ensure the records of your business are correct and maintained to meet the requirements of regulatory authorities
- Disclose all relevant information to enable us to complete the work requested
- Advise Tina Porter Ltd of any tax or criminal investigations involving you or your business
- Allow full and free access to financial and other records held by you or third parties, where needed to properly deal with your affairs
- Fees are due within 14 days of invoice date. Overdue accounts may be subject to statutory interest and compensation. If your business is a limited company, the directors undertake to ensure all fees are paid and will be personally responsible for settling all debts.
- Where payment has not been received, Tina Porter Ltd reserve the right to withhold services, documents and information, and have the right to cease work on your account, and to terminate the engagement if payments are unduly delayed.
- You agree that any work completed and work in progress for which payment is outstanding will be held by us until all fees relating to it have been paid. This may include your source documentation.
- Any information produced or relating to the work we undertake for you will be returned to you and should be kept for a period of no less than six years from the end of the tax year in question.
- We agree never to share information relating to your business with any third party without prior consent, unless required to do so by law or to comply with regulations or quality control reviews. Likewise you agree not to use or copy or allow use by a third party of the output of the work we do without our prior permission.
- You recognize that we may have to stop providing services to you in the event that a conflict arises between our duties to you and to another client. You will notify us if you have any reason to believe that such a conflict has arisen or may arise.
- We may communicate with you electronically and you accept the risks associated with such communications, except anything arising through our negligence or willful default.
- We are obliged by law and by CIMA to undertake checks to ensure that you and your business are operating lawfully. You accept that we are authorized to complete such checks as necessary.
- Under Money Laundering Regulations it is a criminal offence if we do not report suspicious transactions, or if we inform a client that a report has been made against them.